Links, tools and gadgets

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

TV - The Good Place - Chapter 24 - Rhonda, Diana, Jake, and Trent


Previous -- Next -- Index

The Good Place
Chapter 24 - Rhonda, Diana, Jake, and Trent
Season 2, Episode 11
January 18, 2018

This is probably my favourite episode of the season, although it's a real close call, especially with this whole stretch of five episodes after the hiatus. Bodes well for the series ending final stretch after a similar hiatus.

"I'm telling you, Molotov cocktails work. Any time I had a problem, and I threw a Molotov cocktail, Boom! Right away, I had a different problem."

Tahani's fake American accent is a delight. Close behind is Janet trying to imitate Bad Janet.

I've always thought that Chidi's demon doppelganger Trent would figure into things eventually, but we're getting down to the wire on that particular Chekov's gun being fired.

We got several definitive Shawn lines in this one, including "I took the form of a
45-year-old white man for a reason. I can only fail up."

Man, that scene where Michael sacrifices himself and pushes Eleanor through the portal, just sublime, and coming after a chase scene instigated by a character throwing a Molotov cocktail, amazing what this show can do. I know the Emmys are a bit of a joke, but nominating Ted Danson for this year was one they got right.

Podcast this time is the naughty bitch himself talking with director of photography David Miller and set decorator Kim Wannop on all manners of topics in the behind the scenes production of the show.

Previous -- Next -- Index

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]