Links, tools and gadgets

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update-A-Tron

Hey, anyone else miss the old Comic Weblog Update-A-Tron site? I noticed the new Blogger "My Blog List" has just about everything I liked about the old Update-A-Tron (sites listed by most recently updated, each site only listed once regardless of how often updated, links direct to the main page). So I started a new site to make use of it. I'll be tweaking it and adding new sites for the next little while to decide if it's actually functional. Let me know what you think.

...

Adding, I'm not sure it's working quite how I want. I'll have to play around with it some more.

...

Adding, I think I got the right set of options picked from what's available now. There seems to be some minor issue with the page staying in the cache. Thanks to Neilalien for the link and confirming that others did like the set of options from the old site that I'm trying to emulate. Anyway, feel free to comment on the site here, or suggest blogs to add here or over on the site.

One question, is the "recommended" list useful? I plan to use it to mark three or four posts a day that tickle me. And do people like having the professional/group blogs, those that average 5+ posts per day, segregated over on a sidebar? If I don't they tend to dominate the "above-the-fold" area more than I'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]