Links, tools and gadgets

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jean Giraud, R.I.P.

 
And a quick farewell to Jean "Moebius" Giraud, famed French comic book artist. I'm not as familiar with his work as I should be, as I missed the first big wave of his work being available in English, but I've enjoyed a lot of the bits and pieces I've seen.  Shown above are a handful of images I haven't seen on-line since I heard he passed away.  YOUNG BLUEBERRY: BLUEBERRY'S SECRET is part of a long-running western series that he created with Jean-Michel Charlier. The MARVEL AGE #71 cover has an image from the "Parable" story that he drew featuring Jack Kirby's creation the Silver Surfer.  The TABOO #4 cover was originally drawn for the movie LES CHIENS (André Ruellan & Alain Jessua, 1979), and that issue also contains the Jodorowsky/Giraud "Les Yeux Du Chat".  The MARVEL TALES #253 cover features the Steve Ditko (and possibly others) creation Spider-Man in the background, but I imagine the reason Giraud was commissioned was the presence of the Roy Thomas / Gil Kane vampire character Morbius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]