Links, tools and gadgets

Monday, November 18, 2019

Newly acquired books 2019.11.18

And another batch of old paper, new to me.  This time courtesy of Mile High Comics of Denver.


Looked back at some of Tom Veitch's other prestige format mini-series at DC, THE NAZZ and MY NAME IS CHAOS, and I liked those, so picked up the first issue of the middle one, THE CLASH recently. Seemed interesting enough, so finishing up the run.

Not usually into stray Wildstorm books, but picked up a few issues of the Barbara Kesel written SAVANT GARDE and it seemed fun, so now I have the rest of it.

ADVENTURE ILLUSTRATED was a 1981 anthology meant to be on-going but only lasting one issue. But look at that roster. Don Heck. Pat Boyette. Mike Sekowsky. Bill Sienkiewicz. Mark Evanier. Ditko's Mocker would have been in #2.

Last issue of ACTION COMICS WEEKLY I needed to finish the 42 issue run. Some great stuff in there. Lots of really good. Quite a bit of not so much. But let's focus on the good...



Last CBLDF benefit LIBERTY ANNUAL I needed. I think this one was briefly hot because of the WALKING DEAD story.

One more CRITTERS non-anthology issue, four more to go. Although the "Birthright" issues I don't hold out much hope for finding, so really one more to go.

I don't think I even realized for a long time that these last few issues of TROLLORDS existed, but they did. Surprisingly long running indy comic by Scott Beaderstadt and Paul Fricke.

Handful of Mike W. Barr comics. Original OUTSIDERS run finally complete. DOC SAVAGE series complete. Need one more MAZE AGENCY.



Didn't like the Kurt Busiek / James Fry SHADOWHAWK series enough to keep getting it back in 1995, but I picked up a few more recently and kind of liked it. So now I have a full run.

Handful of early BACCHUS issues from Eddie Campbell. I have most of the comics in one form or another, but I do like the covers and back up material, so I figured I might try to get a full run of this. Only 47 more to go!

I somehow missed that Dwayne McDuffie finished up this run of FIRESTORM, with a Fourth World related story. Well, better late than never.

The first issue of the long-running MS. TREE. I had the early stories in a black and white reprint, but recently found a few of the original colour issues and figured I might as well finish up the set.

Yeah, I have another edition of the DeMatteis / Williams BLOOD: A TALE, but this Vertigo series has different covers, and some things I just don't mind having multiple editions of...

A few issues of CYBERNARY, a comic Steve Gerber wrote for Wildstorm/Image in the 1990s. Never really heard much about it, but I was on a Gerber kick a few months back and threw just about everything he wrote I didn't already have on my wantlist. One more on the way and I'll read it then.


Another Jerry Ordway / Peter Krause SHAZAM issue I thought I had but couldn't find. Now to read them and decide if I want to get the last 30 issues of the series.

Somehow missed these last two issues of Eric Shanower's AGE OF BRONZE a decade ago. Hope he comes back to the series someday, either in the original form or the new colour editions he's doing.

Never cared much about CrossGen, except ABADAZAD, but I picked up a stack of them I was mildly interested in really cheap last year, and these three are a few random holes in those sets.

A few more BORIS THE BEAR issues, closing up the holes in my collection. When I get around to reading them I'll decide if I want the last six issues of the series I still need.

The first issue of Ty Templeton's STIG'S INFERNO. And yeah, I have the collection, but this has some back-ups not reprinted. Stop looking at me like that!

Been seeing BOZZ CHRONICLES ads in Epic books of the mid-1980s for years, and it seemed like it might be interesting. Found #1 recently, it was interesting enough, picked up a few more but couldn't find these two. So there's another one for the never-ending reading pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]