Links, tools and gadgets

Saturday, September 17, 2005

My Collection - KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH [1972 series]

Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth [1972 series]
41 issues [1972 - 1977]
1 - 40, 50

KAMANDI was of course one of Jack Kirby's most successful 1970s creations, in terms of longevity for both his own run (40 issues, until he left the company) and overall (59 issues, until the "DC Implosion" cancelled it in mid-story).

This was one of the first Kirby books of the 1970s that I started buying when getting into back-issues in the late 1980s. The issues from the second half were still pretty common and cheap at the time. Not sure why I have that one post-Kirby issue, I guess it much have been pretty cheap when I was picking up some others. I might have been attracted by the Kamandi/OMAC cover, since I think when I got it I had seen the character OMAC and was intrigued by the design, but hadn't picked up any of the original issues. It's not that good an issue, despite some talented creators.

The Kirby stuff was of course lots of fun, and will be covered in detail in another weblog, in posts like these:

Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #7
Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #13
Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #26
Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #29
Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #32
Kamandi, The Last Boy on Earth! #40

Keeping all the Kirby ones, at least, even with the upcoming release of the first KAMANDI ARCHIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]