Links, tools and gadgets

Monday, July 10, 2006

Upcoming Stuff of Interest - Making Comics by McCloud

MAKING COMICS: STORYTELLING SECRETS OF COMICS, MANGA & GRAPHIC NOVELS SC

by Scott McCloud
Scott McCloud, acclaimed illustrator and renowned author of Understanding Comics, focuses his critical analysis on the art form itself, exploring the creation of comics, from the broadest principles to the most minute of artistic details.
SC, 7x10, 272pgs, $22.95
Harper JUL063708


Comics, manga and graphic novels? Aren't those three words that mean the same thing?

Anyway, I'm not really sure if I'm looking forward to this or not. I liked UNDERSTANDING COMICS quite a bit when it came out, though it had some flaws that time has magnified, but couldn't even finish REINVENTING COMICS. And part of me just wants McCloud to get back to actually making comics rather than writing about making comics. Although ABRAHAM LINCOLN suggests that might not be a good idea either... I'm sure I'll read this eventually, and from the bits I've seen at least McCloud's work on computer has improved since LINCOLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]