Links, tools and gadgets

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Stuff of Interest - May 2006 Highlights

Okay, pretty much exhausted the stuff in the May (and increasingly June) solicitations I found interesting. 30 books I thought were worth noting, most of which I'll get someday in some form. That's a lot more than normal. Pretty nice mix of old stuff finally being reprinted in a permanent format, old and new non-English comics being translated and new stuff for adults and all-ages.

Reprint highlight I'll narrowly give to CASTLE WAITING, though that's some stiff competition. Foreign reprint highlight is easily Tezuka's PHOENIX v7. New book I'm most looking forward to, now that I've had a chance to re-read some Dykes to Watch Out For, is Bechtel's FUN HOME. My favourite cover of the month is STARDUST KID, just some great Ploog insanity.

Another week or two and I can start all over with June solicitations...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weblog by BobH [bobh1970 at gmail dot com]